ASSISTANTS BANQUETS MANAGER
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Assist in planning and supervising all banquet activities, from set up of banquet space, to servicing events, and break down of rooms; ensuring the hotel displays a very high level of quality service.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of food and beverage and/ or hospitality related work experience required. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit as required by local or state government agency. Food Service certification as required by franchise.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Light work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
- Ability to move quickly about the property to various departments.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Supervises set up of banquet space to ensure timely and accurate room sets and ensures service staff is prepared and organized, and delivers high standards of service.
- Ensures proper sequence of service for events.
- Provides guests with excellent food service and presentations.
- Reviews event orders with clients; responds quickly to last minute changes; answers questions to customers’ satisfaction; reviews guest check with client after function and obtains signature.
- Schedules employees at proper staffing levels; watches labor costs daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling and requisitions supplies when needed and maintains adequate levels of inventory supplies to meet function needs.
- Maintains orderly back areas and ensures equipment is kept clean and stored in a secure manner.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction and provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates and aggressively recruits and staffs department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conducts training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines and fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Reports to: Director of Banquets
Subordinates: Banquet Captain, Banquet Servers, Banquet Housepersons, Banquet Bartenders
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in Prism Hotels for this type of position; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business levels.
Prism Hospitality, L.P. (“Prism”) considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital or veterans status, or base on any individual’s status in a group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Prism also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable stated and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Human Resources Department at Prism.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability