ACCOUNTING / HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
Responsible for the day to day operation of Accounting and Human Resources Department. Assist employees when needed, hiring, Daily M3 report, AP, AR, Payroll, Checkbook, Labor Report
- Prioritize work on a daily basis.
- Be pleasant and helpful with internal and external clients.
- Screen applicants that come in for interviews
- Track application in the Applicant Flow Log
- Set-up and maintain files in a neat and orderly manner for Employee files and Accounting files
- Assist Employee’s with issues/needs
- Assist Guest over phone with issues and resolve as needed
- Send out and Process Accounts Receivable
- Assist with AP coding, scanning and entering of invoices
- Update Checkbook/
- Assist with Payroll – every two weeks including meals, tips, time edits, payroll entries, etc
- Balance daily report in Profit Sword and organizing Audit Packet
- Assist with credit card disputes and credit card reconciliation
- Assist in new hire orientation and other training classes
- Assist in quarterly employee activities
Internal: Hourly Employees, Hotel Managers and Corporate Support Staff – Keeping good working conditions in a professional confidential manor.
External: Guest – Assist as need with billing and other hotel related issues.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Three to six months experience and/ or training is preferred. Bilingual is a plus.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None.
Applicant must be very computer savvy and know how to use Microsoft Excel, Publisher and Word. Familiarity with hotel operating system Opera a plus. This applicant must be detail orientated, professional, and able to multi-task.
Respect guidelines of confidentiality and code of ethics in all Company areas. Represent Holiday Inn and Prism Hotels in a professional manner at all times.
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
To perform this job successfully, this person must be able to write business letters, event orders, contracts, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. This person must also be able to speak effectively with clients, customers or employees of Prism. Therefore strong oral and written communication skills are needed for this position.
This person needs to have the ability to solve practical problems, change activity suddenly and cope with interruptions. They will also need to accept responsibility for managing activities. This person must be able to plan and organize the work of others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use their hands, fingers and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and kneel or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Reports to: Controller/HR Manager
- Job title also known as: Assistant or Acct/HR Assistant
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in Prism Hotel Company for this type of position; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business necessity.