SENIOR ACCOUNTING MANAGER
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for producing timely and accurate financial information for multiple hotel properties to include month end closing journal entries and the compilation of month end statements. This position will also be responsible for reviewing financial documentation produced by the Senior Accountants on a select group of hotels. This position reports to the Corporate Director of Financial Services and interacts with hotel properties, owners, and Regional Vice Presidents.
This individual will be required to assist with boxing and moving Accounts Payable files for storage once or twice a year.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum of four years’ experience required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a supervisor required.
- Longer hours occasionally required during month-end close and peak demand periods.
- Light lifting involving filing and boxing can be necessary at times.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle management and ownership requests and resolve them to satisfactory results.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by assigned hotels.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Duties and Job Functions:
- Manage the hotel accounts payable system for the Prism corporate office.
- Coordination and or entry of all closing entries at month end, confirming accuracy of financial data.
- Production of diagnostics and analytics.
- Compilation and production of month-end owner reports.
- Cash forecasting and funding requests.
- Balance sheet account reviews and reconciliations.
- Review and process accounts payable invoices for payment.
- Provide accounting insight and review into annual budget and monthly forecasting processes.
- Ensure hotels are in compliance with Prism internal audit standards.
- Assist in the onboarding and disposition of hotels during transition periods with some travel required.
- Be familiar with the computer system and Microsoft Office.
- Serve as point of contact for hotel staff and regional vice presidents on accounting related questions.
- Oversee the 1099 review process certifying accurate tax identification information on all vendors within Prism’s portfolio.
- Process required unclaimed property filings for all states where Prism hotels are present.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required by management.
Internal: Operational Management: To support on accounting related matters.
Accounting Management: To assist as needed.
Staff Accountant: To relay unique qualities and procedures of hotels which become disposed.
Accounts Payable Associates: To post invoices and process check runs.
External: Ownership: To provide assistance on questions relating to financial information.
- Reports to: Corporate Director of Financial Services