CONVENTION SERVICES MANAGER
SCOPE OF POSITION
Coordinates and communicates details for sales groups and conventions regarding hotel guestrooms, catering services, food and beverage, and banquet facilities while maximizing total rooms, food, beverage and meeting room rental revenues and profits and ensuring guest satisfaction.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years in sales and marketing to include one year of food and beverage and/or hospitality related work experience is preferred.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit as required by local or state government agency. Food service certification as required by franchise.
- Will be required to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- Light work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to move quickly about the property to various departments.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must have strong written and oral communication and computer skills.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Develops and maintains relationships with client after program has been booked by sales department.
- Details all aspects of upcoming group and/or convention (guest rooms, meeting space, food & beverage, off-site events, exhibits, audio visual, etc.). Confirms in writing to the client and all affected departments all requirements via Event Orders and/or Group Resume.
- Negotiates guest room rates, food and beverage prices, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines when original commitment from sales contract is not met or as needed.
- Manages and implements room rental sliding scales and cancellation clauses as outlined in sales contract.
- Monitors room blocks and pick-up for all groups through rooming lists and cut -off dates for all bookings.
- Accurately forecasts guest room pick-up and banquet sales revenues and cancellations for all bookings. Keep sales manager informed.
- Assists sales managers with tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Sales and the Director of Catering with the implementation and achievement of the marketing plan.
- Assists the client in menu planning; coordinates food, beverage, meeting room set-up, decorations and other services as requested by the client; assures that all requirements are communicated and completed to the clients specifications.
- Produces and distributes Group Resumes; leads pre-con and post-con meetings as needed.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Reports to: Director of Catering & Events
- Job title also known as: Conference Services Coordinator
Prism Hospitality, L.P. (“Prism”) considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital or veterans status, or base on any individual’s status in a group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Prism also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable stated and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Human Resources Department at Prism.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability