As Front Office Manager, the position is responsible for the entire operations of our front desk and guest services team.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Oversee and participate in guest registration and check out procedures
- Motivate staff and establish a productive working environment for hotel.
- Assist Revenue and Sales management with the implementation and execution of programs to ensure that the hotel’s room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met.
- Analyze and generate reports and communicate information to team members and appropriate departments.
- Have full knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation options.
- Maintain correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, guest security.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Strive to increase the level of guest satisfaction by sharing all guest service data provided by the brand on a consistent basis. Set goals for improvement of low scoring items.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Aggressively recruit and staff department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including EEOC and Wage Hour laws.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all team members according to Prism standards.
- Develop team member morale and ensure all team members are fully trained.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze variances, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e. returned checks, rejected credit cards, team member discrepancies, etc.
- Maintain lobby and front desk presence during peak hours and as needed.
- Operate cell phones and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure proper use of radio/phone etiquette within the department.
- Monitor out-to-order, out-of-service, and discrepant and show rooms. Work closely with Engineering to ensure timely return for out-of-service rooms.
- Manage sell out opportunities; review arrivals report, and check on rooms inventory.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Be familiar with all brand specific programs and the procedures for each. Ensure that team members are knowledgeable in understanding and implementing the programs.
- Be knowledgeable about the accident prevention program, including safety committee, education/enforcement, and communication of safety issues through department meetings.
- Be able to effectively investigate, report and follow-up on employee and guest accidents.
- Attend/conduct all training/meetings as required by management.
- Perform all duties as requested by management
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 2-5 years of full-service hotel experience with a minimum of two years in Front Office management.
** Experience with a major hotel brand is a plus.
* Interpersonal skills
* Communication skills
* Organizational ability.
* Computer skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to motivate and direct others.
* Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
* The person in this position spends a significant amount of time utilizing problem solving, counseling, reasoning, motivating and training abilities.
* Advanced mathematical skills and reading abilities are used.
* Communication devices such as the telephone, two-way radios or pagers are frequently used for such functions as communicating
Please submit your resume and include job position you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prism Hospitality, L.P. (“Prism”) considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital or veterans status, or base on any individual’s status in a group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Prism also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable stated and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Human Resources Department at Prism.