SCOPE OF POSITION
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all some administrative, financial and operational aspects of The property as it directly relates to the engineering department. Responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the physical plant and the supervision of all maintenance projects, repairs and technicians.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- College degree or vocational training in electrical or mechanical engineering or plumbing is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certification preferred: Senior manager and/or other certification as required by franchise.
- Preferred supervisory experience in similar department assignments or projects.
- Some financial knowledge and computer skills required.
- Professional Certification and license if required by law. Certification in HVAC required.
- Have valid driver’s license from appropriate state and MVR in good standing.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Heavy Work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time and to work in confined spaces as necessary.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic mathematical functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Regular attendance is required in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes a clean, pressed uniform and correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Supervise and assist maintenance technicians in the maintenance and repair of plumbing, hotel rooms, A/C and heating, ice machine, swimming pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, refrigeration, laundry, emergency generators, switch rooms, etc.
- Ensure all maintenance and repairs are completed on a timely, cost effective basis and according to specifications.
- Order necessary materials and tools for repairing equipment and keep within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain an ongoing preventative maintenance program for the entire property.
- Responsible for administering and documenting equipment preventative maintenance and guest room preventative maintenance processes.
- Will work closely with Operations Manager and Director Rooms Division to ensure the safety of the department and the building.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines for all employees at the property.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, HazComm, and other applicable regulations and laws as directed by the Operations Manager or Director Rooms Division.
- Ensure all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected.
- Adhere to cost control guidance as directed by supervisor.
- Post all engineering staff schedules in a timely manner and monitor for overtime and changes.
- Assist in the developing of financial as it relates to building maintenance and costs associated with repairs.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Prism standards.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner. Follow up with guests if necessary to ensure satisfaction.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to the Operations Manager and/or MOD. Take immediate action as necessary and document the results.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Conduct daily walk through of all public areas to ensure constant air temperature control.
- Ensure compliance with American Disabilities Act (ADA) and report any concerns to supervisor to ensure property plan is in compliance.
- Work with Operations Manager in the administration of all vendor contracts as it relates to the Maintenance
- Makes sure daily work orders are assigned to proper maintenance technician, either verbally or in writing.
- Conduct and participate in quality and safety committee meetings.
- Check inventory on parts and keep in stock all necessary mechanical, electrical, and kitchen equipment parts.
- Attend or conducts all training/meetings as required by management or in accordance to Prism standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Internal: All hotel departments: For maintenance of equipment
External: Vendors: For purchasing and receiving supplies
Guests: To provide customer service
Reports to: Operations Manager – Back of the House
Subordinates: Technician, Worker
- Department: Maintenance
- Career level: Supervisor
- Hours/Status: Full-time
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in Prism Hotels for this type of position; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business levels.
Prism Hospitality, L.P. (“Prism”) considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital or veterans status, or base on any individual’s status in a group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Prism also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable stated and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Human Resources Department at Prism.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability