Project Administrator / Accountant – Hospitality/ Hotel Construction Corporate Office – Dallas, TX
SCOPE OF POSITION
The project administrator / accountant for construction will be responsible for supporting the VP of design and construction, project manager(s), engineers and support staff. We are seeking an experience candidate with a hotel construction project background who will be able to start with a minimal training. This candidate will be highly organized; detail oriented and has ability to multi-task. Must be a self-starter with a strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills to effectively engage with various personalities.
Candidates with hospitality hotel construction backgrounds only please.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience:
- Administer daily construction accounting for multiple projects.
- Maintain pay applications for contractors / subcontractors and consultants; familiar / understand how to process AIA documents G702/G703.
- Assist with job accounting, billing, accounts receivables, payables, and reporting.
- Support the project manager, project field supervisors, engineers, architects, other project team members. Support the project manager and team in the design, pre-construction and construction phases of multiple hotel projects.
- Setting project up and maintaining the projects with folders / templates, a consistent construction / project filing system.
- Prepare and review project accounting reports; giving excellent attention to details on RFP’s, RFI’s, Bids/Proposals, Submittals, Change Orders and similar project. documentation before being distributed to the
- clients and other project team.
- Organize, maintain and store all hard copies / electronic copies of construction / project documentations.
- Organize, maintain, and monitor status of all FF&E and OS&E specifications, purchase orders, reviews/approvals, accounting, and track ETA’s.
- Prepare, gather and maintain project close out documents, including warranties and final lien waivers from all contractors, subcontractors, consultants, and vendors.
- Understand CSI structure with a good knowledge of construction processes to support construction projects, while applying a high level of organizational skills, with a minimal amount of training.
- Utilize Construction Project management software such as ProLog or Projectmates to track all project activities, recording and reporting.
- Multi-task multiple projects / actions simultaneously.
- Familiar and understand construction schedules.
- Schedule meetings and assist with travels for your team.
- Record and maintain project meeting minutes
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting construction or engineering projects in the hospitality industry (hotels)
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, design, construction and/or business accounting related fields preferred.
- Highly proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe, and MS Project Schedule.
- Experience with construction management software such as Primavera, ProjectMates, or ProLog is highly desirable.Job Type: Full-time
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Construction Management Software: Primavera, ProjectMates, ProLog: 2 years
- Microsoft Office Programs: 5 years
- Project Management/Hospitality Industry: 5 years
- Project Management/Accounting: 5 years
- Spanish is a plus but not required
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License