SCOPE OF POSITION
The Cluster Revenue Manager is responsible for maximizing revenues of a multi-branded hotel portfolio. The Cluster Revenue Manager will be responsible for the inventory management of the hotel’s guest rooms, maximizing group/catering revenues and space management.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Finance, or Business preferred. Experience as a multi-property revenue manager with multi-property systems experience preferred.
- Previous Department managerial experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and financial knowledge required.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Light work -Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Coordinate the yield management process and daily execution in the property management system.
- Chair the daily and weekly revenue meeting and generate all reports needed for that meeting.
- Monitor the pricing of competitors understand the dynamics of the local market and demand generators; present appropriate actions to Sales.
- Occasional property visits when applicable.
- Monitor group blocks to determine rooms available for sale to transient customers. Understand groups’ pick up history and effectively manage group cut off dates.
- Review and approve all group proposals with the Director of Sales and/or General Manager. Collaborate with the Director of Sales on group rates and ceilings and selective guidelines.
- Effectively develop the hotel pricing and market mix strategy.
- Responsible for daily walk-in rates and communication to staff of change in the daily pricing strategies.
- Prepare/present/own the hotel weekly and long range rooms’ forecasts for group and transient. Submit according to company timeline standards.
- Assists in the annual hotel budget and business plan development and ongoing results analysis.
- Provide training to Reservations and Front Desk employees on up selling and negotiating techniques.
- Implement and monitor revenue-based line-level staff incentive plans.
- Communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments for staffing adjustments and increase in efficiency.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in preparation for daily and monthly Rooms meetings, if necessary
- Maintain accurate and detailed property history.
- Review arrivals report and daily flash reports for accuracy.
- Be competent in all property specific computer functions used by reservations and sales.
- Monitor the competitive set for occupancy and rate, and recommend changes based on findings.
- Comply with property policies on billing, routing, house accounts, A/R accounts, PM accounts.
- Control suites inventory and monitor room type requests.
- Maintain rate integrity and parity.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines communication with managers, team members and other departments.
- Follow and enforce all Prism credit policies.
- Be familiar with all corporate and brand specific programs such as airline mileage. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Preparation of all Prism required weekly/monthly analytical reporting
- Preparation/delivery of reports utilized during ownership meetings
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Competitive Benefits Package: Bonus plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), Vacation and PTO.
INTERNAL: Hotel Employees – To receive information regarding guest needs or complaints.
Department Heads and above – For effective communication
EXTERNAL: Hotel guests – To provide customer service
REPORTS TO: Corporate VP of Revenue Strategy
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in Prism Hotels for this type of position; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business levels.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability