Director of Sales
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments as well as increasing transient room revenue. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED certification.
- Previous experience as Sales Manager to include entry level experience as room sales coordinator or sales administrative assistant.
- Specialty or IHG brand Certification preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Sales related computer programs required.
- Strong financial knowledge required.
- Valid driver’s license from the appropriate state and MVR in good standing.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Light work-Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
- Ability to move quickly about the property to various departments.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Increase transient room revenue by increasing production of existing special corporate/preferred corporate accounts.
- Must be able to meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Regular attendance is required in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Establish client base of organizations, associations, social, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales effort for the purpose of securing business for the hotel to ensure that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/ or convention business.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Confirm in writing to the client all requirements via sales contract.
- Conduct tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertain qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Accurately forecast all bookings and cancellations.
- Assist the Director of Sales with the implementation and achievement of the Sales Marketing plan.
- Attend and represent company at trade shows and city-wide conventions if necessary.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations/Revenue.
- Meet or exceed established goals for sales, prospects and outside calls.
- Operate in the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Prism sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the propertyâ€™s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty Shifts.
INTERNAL: All hotel departments and sales staff – To communicates client’s expectations.
Reservations – To confirm guestroom availability.
Brand and Regional Sales – Share leads and account and client Information.
EXTERNAL: Guests – To provide service.
Travel Agencies – To promote hotel services and generate business.
Competition – To stay informed of competitive strategies and business conditions.
CVB – To promote hotel services and generate business.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in Prism Hotels for this type of position; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business levels.
- Department: Sales & Marketing
- Career level: Management (supervisor)
- Hours/Status: Full-time