The position is responsible for coordinating, supervising and assisting the Director of Sales with the booking, servicing, and coordination of catering/ banquet events. The Manager maintains profitable operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to maximize revenues and exceed budgeted revenues and to develop and implement strategies to increase business. Must act as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business.
– Approach all encounters with guests and team member in a friendly, service oriented manner.
– Regular attendance is required in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
– Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and nametag.
– Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
– Must at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other team members.
– Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic function including hotel billing systems.
– Manage the activities of the hotel catering department to maximize the generation of hotel catering sales.
– Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group business to include room sales, food and beverage sales, catering services.
– Supports hotel level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system wide sales plans.
– Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies.
– Follow company policies and procedures.
– Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
– Monitor the quality in Banquets to ensure guest satisfaction.
– Know meeting room set ups and capabilities, know sleeping room configuration and inventory of type.
-Manage booking pace and maintains pace for assigned goals.
– Handles inquiry calls and outside sales calls, ensuring follow up within 24 hours.
– Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
– Previous managerial experience in a hotel environment preferred or similar industry.
– Proven financial knowledge required.
– Valid Driver’s License from appropraite state and MVR in good standing.
– Minimum of 2 years in Sales and Marketing or event service experience.
– 5 years of hospitality or similar industry related experience preferred.
– Proficiency in Opera system.
– Long hours sometimes required to include nights and weekends.
– Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally or frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull.
– Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
– Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
– Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
– Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
– Must have the ability to assimilate complex information to meet the constraints of a particular need.
– Must be able to prioritize departmental functions ot meet due dates and deadlines.
– Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic function.
Work Permit Needed:Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Entry Level Position:No